A New Pet Parent Guide and Resource for Dogs, Cats, and More!
Becoming a new pet parent is exciting and comes with big responsibilities. According to a January 2021 report from Rover, one-third of Americans had a dog or cat join their family since the start of the pandemic last March. Additionally, 13% of adopters are first-time pet parents, likely searching for support to keep their pet happy and healthy!
That is why THRIVE Affordable Vet Care is introducing the THRIVE GUIDE for Pet Parents. This is your resource to help manage the commitment of a new pet, so they can enjoy a fur-ever home. As a new pet owner, many of the questions that arise come from one of the three main pillars of pet ownership: investment, commitment, and behavior. Check out the THRIVE GUIDE to answer your most common questions on topics like veterinary care, socialization, pet training and more!
Over the next few months, THRIVE will share advice and tips to help all become the best pet parents possible, ensuring you and your new furry friend can spend a lifetime together! Some of the topics we will cover include:
- Proper Pet Nutrition and Diet
- Essential and Preventative Pet Care
- Continuing Care, including Grooming and Dental Cleanings
- Exercise Suitable for your Pet’s Needs
- Pet Socialization and Stimulation
- Pet Security and Preparedness
- Housetraining Your Dog or Cat
- How to Pet-Proof Your Home
- Training to Facilitate Physical and Mental Wellbeing