Romina Gonzalez is an Area Business Manager for THRIVE Affordable Vet Care. Overseeing the South San Diego and Inland Empire markets in Southern California, Romina has been THRIVing since October 2020.
“The best thing about managing teams is … I can make a difference in the lives of my employees by supporting and challenging them to develop themselves even further.”
Name: Romina Gonzalez
Title: Area Business Manager
Region: South San Diego & Inland Empire
Start Date: October 2020
Education : Claremont Graduate University, Peter F. Drucker School of Management
- I have had a versatile career ranging from the arts, hospitality management, retail operations, nonprofit work, medical operations, and the veterinary field.
- Like many, I have a passion for both pets and people. Helping pets in need and assisting nonprofit organizations whenever possible is something I really enjoy. I started many initiatives to help low-income families and the homeless by providing free exams and vaccinations. I enjoy educating others and advocating for their pets.
- Before officially joining the THRIVE team, I was a client. Having worked in the veterinary field, I immediately knew there was something special about THRIVE. The word “Affordable” stood out and really gave me joy that a provider in the field wanted to offer clients not only Affordable Care, but also Quality Care. At THRIVE I have the opportunity to have my voice heard and help in making a difference. From helping to start the food drive, to ways to drive business, my voice matters. I love supporting my teams and developing them into the best in our industry.
- When I am not working, I enjoy spending time with my partner, my pets and exploring new places and traveling.
- I am a very creative person and earned my Dual bachelor’s in fine arts and graphic design. I still draw and paint whenever possible and even worked with Disney’s Imagineers.
The best thing about managing teams is having the opportunity to support others that believe in the same values I do when it comes to pets. That I can make a difference in the lives of my employees by supporting and challenging them to develop themselves even further.
What drew you to the veterinary community?
My Grandfather was a doctor and from a young age and he not only inspired me to, but taught me to show care and compassion for all living creatures. He shared stories of how he helped nurse a dog and her puppies, that he weaned them because the mother ran out of milk. He could see I had a special bond with animals and as I grew up, I had all kinds of pets and would help injured, homeless pets. I remember visiting the veterinarian’s office with him and they would let me assist the technician with my dog’s exam. Being a psychiatrist, he taught me to have compassion for both people and animals. I always knew I wanted to work with animals and even considered becoming a marine biologist or veterinarian, but ultimately my path was centered on leading others and helping pave the path for both pet and their owners.
Come grow with us and join Romina’s team today! Explore new opportunities at THRIVE.