Maria Botinas serves as a THRIVE Affordable Vet Care Area Medical Director for the Tampa market. THRIVing since 2020, Dr. Botinas is focused on the development of doctors and making sure they can achieve great things.
“What keeps me at THRIVE is the people in the organization. I have never felt more supported by a group. I know they care about the people in the hospitals and the clients that come to our clinics.”
Name: Maria Botinas
Title: Area Medical Director
Region: Tampa Market
Start Date: June 2020
Veterinary School: Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, 2011
- I cofounded and was VP of a non-profit organization where we raised money to help rescues in need.
- I am a huge Disney fanatic! Not only did my husband and I get engaged at the castle, but we were also married at Grand Floridian chapel.
- On Sundays you will see me at the soccer field, cheering on my boys.
- I love travel and one of the best experiences was ziplining from one country to another across time zones.
- I am an avid writer and podcaster.
The affordability to owners drew me to THRIVE. What keeps me at THRIVE is the people in the organization. I have never felt more supported by a group. I know they care about the people in the hospitals and the clients that come to our clinics.
While I loved being a Veterinarian and helping that one pet, I also love the fact I can impact more pets, more clients, and veterinarians as well. I thrive on the development of my doctors and making sure they continue to achieve great things.
When did you know you wanted to become a veterinarian?
There is not one moment or memory that really made me want to be a veterinarian. I have loved animals since a little girl and had the drive to always want more in my career. After working at a veterinary office as a teenager, I fell in love with the veterinary-client-patient-relationship and from then on, I knew this was what I was born to do.
Come grow with us and join Maria’s team today! Explore new opportunities at THRIVE.