“The most important thing in a successful team relationship is respect. Without it, it just doesn’t work. But respect can’t be demanded by position or status; it’s earned.”
Name: Katie Olson
Title: Area Business Manager
Region: Missouri, Indiana, and Ohio
Start Date: September 2019
School: University of Missouri, BA in Psychology
- I love math and organization (super nerdy!)
- I have a rescue dog named Akira
- I love Virtual Reality games and doing Escape Rooms
- I’m a HUGE fan of the Kansas City Chiefs
- I love managing in the pet industry, and have experience in GP and Spec/ER, as well as hospitality, rescue, and retail!
I really love the people I work with at THRIVE. The most important thing in a successful team relationship is respect. Without it, it just doesn’t work. But respect can’t be demanded by position or status; it’s earned. Be honest with each other. Admit your mistakes and apologize when they happen. Give grace. We may have different educations, skills, and titles, but we are just people in the end. And that’s where we come together.
When did you know you wanted to work within the veterinary industry?
Pet people are my people. I’ve managed in other industries, and I keep coming back to pets. People who love animals the way we do, we just understand each other. We feel at home together.
Come grow with us and join Katie’s team today! Explore new opportunities at THRIVE.