Jyothi Alagappan, DVM started THRIVing in November 2018 as the veterinarian for the first THRIVE clinic in Georgia. Jyothi quickly proved to be an invaluable asset to the THRIVE team and is now the Area Medical Director for the Atlanta market.
“THRIVE truly cares about the veterinarians, the technicians, and the pet concierges as people and not as employees. The notion that everyone is celebrated is rare and makes not just the company, but the people in this company, incredibly successful.“
Name: Jyothi Alagappan
Title: Veterinarian, Area Medical Director
Start Date: November, 2018
School: Emory University: Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology, BS
Veterinary School: St. George’s University in Grenada. Clinical year at University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine.
- I am a huge foodie and love trying new restaurants. Top Chef is one of my favorite shows. I spent the 2019 Super Bowl with Top Chef contestants in Atlanta. It was such a cool (and delicious) experience!
- I started in the veterinary field initially working with marine and exotic animals. I worked with beluga whales, seals and penguins at the Georgia Aquarium. I also spent a summer doing research on African Buffalo in Kruger Park, South Africa.
- I am SCUBA certified and love the ocean. I dived in Australia, Hawaii, the Caribbean, and some aquariums! If I could, I would live on the beach!
- I have a 4 year old goldendoodle, Luna- she has her own Instagram. She is an insta-celebrity! @Luna_Doodle_ATL. She is the unofficial mascot for THRIVE 😊
- I love to travel and explore new cultures and countries. My grandfather, who is my biggest inspiration, traveled to over 95 countries and my goal is to beat that!
What drew me to THRIVE was initially my classmate Dr. Ross Massimiano, who reached out about THRIVE when they were opening their first hospital in Georgia. It was great connecting with an old friend and hearing how awesome his experience has been with the company. I immediately knew it was going to be a great fit for me.
I ultimately joined THRIVE because the entire company is dedicated to providing quality affordable care to as many pets and owners as we can. As a veterinarian, I feel fulfilled again practicing in the field, providing medical care at an affordable price. There are many owners and pets that would not have sought out medical care before, but now they can! THRIVE’s goal is to reduce as many roadblocks as possible to get the best care for pets and their owners and still keep it affordable.
My favorite part of being an Area Medial Director is helping my team develop personally and professionally. I love getting to know everyone and finding what motivates them and what their goals are. My goal is to ensure each team member comes to work and feels fulfilled and that they practiced the best medicine for each pet. I love finding what makes veterinarians and our teams excited, whether they are new to the job or have been in the field for a long time. I love making this job exciting again.
When did you know you wanted to become a veterinarian?
I have always enjoyed medicine and knew I would end up in healthcare. My dad is a human physician, and I grew up watching him work. I started working with animals in high school and college, mostly with marine animals. I volunteered at Sea World, the Georgia Aquarium and Georgia Sea Turtle Rescue. It wasn’t until college when I realized there was a way to combine these passions and I applied to veterinary school. I wouldn’t change any minute of it!
Come grow with us and join Jyothi’s’ team today! Explore new opportunities at THRIVE.