Jessica Taylor, DVM serves as a THRIVE Affordable Vet Care Regional Medical Director for the Central and Atlantic coast. THRIVing since 2018, Dr. Taylor is focused on tackling any challenges that arise, while continuing to serve communities and the veterinary industry.
“I joined THRIVE because I saw the vision we have to offer — excellent veterinary care to more clients by emphasizing preventative care and providing affordable options that we can tailor to each pet.“
Name: Jessica Taylor
Title: Regional Medical Director
Region: Central and Atlantic Coast
Start Date: September, 2018
Veterinary School: North Carolina State University College of Veterinary Medicine, 2016
- I enjoy long distance running and have completed multiple half marathons and one full.
- I have a husband and 2 daughters that keep me busy, along with one slightly naughty cat, and a lazy hound dog at home.
- I love writing, from technical guides and articles, to fun and funny pieces. I’ve had multiple articles published in local magazines and online forums such as AndyRoark.com
- I love career days and sharing the veterinary industry with kids. A highlight of my recent career was joining a veterinary mission trip to Honduras to help vaccinate animals and care for the Honduran communities, and I cannot wait to go back!
- I practiced in small animal general practice for 14 years and enjoy client connections and internal medicine, especially endocrine and cardiac cases. I pride myself on being a mean-cat whisperer!
I joined THRIVE because I saw the vision we have to offer — excellent veterinary care to more clients by emphasizing preventative care and providing affordable options that we can tailor to each pet. I have stayed and grown with THRIVE because of our people. Our leaders and colleagues put their full effort into every piece of work we do, always prioritizing the well-being of our clinical teams and care of our patients. I hope to work with our awesome THRIVE network to tackle the challenges that arise and continue to serve our communities and the veterinary industry through the advancements and changes to come.
When did you know you wanted to become a veterinarian?
As a youngster, I kept taming and bringing home stray cats, helping my parents raise Labradors, and started shadowing our family vet. From high school on, I worked as everything from a kennel attendant, to a tech, with humane societies, and even milking cows and taking care of the farm animals at NC State’s Vet School in undergrad. Through vet school, I worked in the hospital care team, and even did a brief stint in research with pigs. I got comfortable with all types of poop.
Come grow with us and join Jessica’s team today! Explore new opportunities at THRIVE.