“THRIVE brought something new to table. The company brought an innovative idea at an early stage where we could all grow together. There is something special about a company culture where everyone is always working towards something bigger than themselves.“
Name: James German
Title: Director of Operations
Region: Central United States
Start Date: October, 2018
- I live in Austin, Texas with my wife Kelly and our two cats, Sam and Max
- I love to travel. There are so many beautiful places and cultures in this world. I have been fortunate to travel to many countries. My wife and I have a goal of traveling to all the U.S. states by our 15-year anniversary. We start each year wherever we ended the previous year (2 more years to go)!
- I’m an LSU Tiger through and through – both as an undergrad student and later in my career as Operations Manager of the Veterinary Teaching Hospital.
- I have worked in five different industries within five separate disciplines (accounting, human resources, sales, analytics, and operations).
- I have held or helped operate fundraisers over the last 15 years raising more than $12M for various charities including: Every Girl Counts, SolesSouls, The Charlie Foundation, FashionABLE, and the Special Olympics.
“We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves”. – Galileo Galilei
I have been lucky enough to work with several growth companies in my career. I started off working with THRIVE’s sister company Pathway Vet Alliance when it was much smaller and often got to visit and observe what THRIVE was trying to accomplish. I have worked in companies where I was able to positively influence its culture and help work with individuals to accomplish their goals and grow their careers while growing the business. THRIVE brought something new to table. The company brought an innovative idea at an early stage where we could all grow together. There is something special about a company culture where everyone is always working towards something bigger than themselves.
What brought you to the veterinary industry?
In 2013, I made the decision that I wanted to get away from working in the commodities industry due to volatility. A friend of mine communicated that the Louisiana State University Veterinary Hospital was looking for a new Operations Manager. I seized the opportunity because it was a unique industry that I had little knowledge about and, being someone from the outside, I could make an impact. Utilizing the skills I learned from other industries and coupled with the different disciplines I worked within, I found myself impacting the lives of colleagues, students, interns, residents, and pet parents. After much success at LSU, I wanted to work for a company where I could have this same impact, but on a much larger scale. I found that home within THRIVE. To work for a company where, no matter how bad your day is, you can reflect and see how much positive you and a team had on people’s lives, is immeasurable. Everyone in this industry works towards the same goal; a positive outcome for every patient, even when they are about to take their last breath. I could not ask for a better industry, company, and people to work with every day.
Come grow with us and join James’ team today! Explore new opportunities at THRIVE.