“I love to mentor and work closely with doctors to develop their skills and grow…THRIVE puts its people first!”
Name: Tony Nauta
Title: Area Medical Director
Start Date: January 2019
Veterinary School: Louisiana State University, 2012
- I married my lovely wife in 2012, and we have 2 handsome little boys, Ellis and Anders.
- Over the course of my career, I have worked in mixed animal practice, emergency, and small animal general practice.
- In 2019, I started as an associate for THRIVE in Baton Rouge and transitioned to the Area Medical Director of Louisiana in 2020.
- I enjoy fishing, spending time with family and friends, outdoor activities, and aviation.
- Currently, I’m training to get a private pilot license.
When I applied for my position for THRIVE, I was looking for a work/life balance. The 35-hour work week seemed too good to be true! Guess what!? It is awesome! THRIVE puts its people first! I love to mentor and work closely with doctors to develop their skills and grow.
When did you know you wanted to become a veterinarian?
I did not know what profession I wanted to pursue until college. I worked my senior year of high school and freshman year of college in two veterinary hospitals. What an experience to keep you on your toes! I loved the comradery and fast-paced environment of a veterinary clinic. I love problem solving and providing care to our patients even though they don’t have a voice. I was hooked!
Come grow with us and join Tony’s team today! Explore new opportunities at THRIVE.