“The love and support I see around me allows me to be myself and has made me part of the THRIVE family.”
Name: Karen Woodard
Title: Area Medical Director
Region: Missouri and Illinois
Start Date: November 2020
Education : Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine, DVM, 2006;
Mays Business School at Texas A&M University, MBA, 2020
- Outside of work, I have a number of hobbies including reading novels, cross stitch, crochet, diamond painting, writing and baking.
- I also love music! I enjoy playing the drums and have a full acoustic set at home.
- My favorite cartoon character is Eeyore.
- My pets include three dogs: Jessi (Belgian shepherd) + Zedd (Lab-setter) + Teddy (Morkie)
- Following veterinary school, I completed a year of rotating internships in Gaithersburg, MD.
- I love the thought of improving the wellbeing of my colleagues in veterinary medicine.
- I hope to give back to the profession via an organization like AVMA, or teaching business at a veterinary college one day.
- A dream of mine is to write a children’s book related to pets and vet medicine.
Following my graduation from business school, I wanted a challenge that would let me spread my wings as a leader and a manager. The culture and the people at THRIVE are what attracted me. The relationships I’m developing with my teams and doctors keeps me motivated to succeed and grow our footprint in markets. The love and support I see around me allows me to be myself and has made me part of the THRIVE family.
What drew you to the veterinary community?
My father is a physician, and I was always in awe of the amount of knowledge and skill he had in his line of work – I wanted something similar. In high school, I watched my own pets at the veterinary hospital and saw the same knowledge base to help others as I saw in my own father. The thought of devoting myself to animals filled me with excitement.
Come grow with us and join Karen’s team today! Explore new opportunities at THRIVE.