“…Even as a relief doctor prior to joining full time, I felt so included and appreciated (at THRIVE). I love being able to provide the same sort of empathy and support to my teams.”
Name: Jessica Michalec, DVM
Title: Area Medical Director
Start Date: August 2020
Veterinary School: Texas A&M University, 2005
- My professional passion is exotic animal medicine. I will see just about anything, including birds, reptiles, amphibians, rodents, rabbits and wildlife.
- I love doing crafty things like crocheting, sewing, painting, and more.
- I’m married to my husband Chris, with 2 kiddos, James (10) and Erin (7).
- Currently have a full house with the following pets at home: dog (Nugget), guinea pigs (Sparkle and Flower), ball python (Snape), and a Neon Tetra fish (Flake).
- I love owls and collect all manner of household items with owls on them.
The main thing that attracted me to THRIVE was the sense of family. Even as a relief doctor prior to joining full time, I felt so included and appreciated. I love being able to provide the same sort of empathy and support to my teams.
When did you know you wanted to become a veterinarian?
I have wanted to be a veterinarian since I was about 6 or 7 years old. I used to “practice” on my stuffed animals and got my first veterinary reference book as a gift when I was still in elementary school!
Come grow with us and join Jessica’s team today! Explore new opportunities at THRIVE.