Claire Pickens is the Senior Director of Operations for THRIVE, overseeing the operations and growth of clinics nationwide. With a long history in the veterinary industry, Claire is a published author, professional speaker and was a small animal hospital co-founder and owner, prior to joining THRIVE.
“It’s been incredible to be a part of an innovative company that cares so much about the people that make THRIVE thrive!”
Name: Claire Pickens
Title: Senior Director of Operations
Region: National Executive Management Team
Start Date: August 2018
School: Executive Masters in Business Administration from Jack Welch Management Institute
- My first job in the veterinary industry was brushing the knots out of the manes of mares on an Arabian farm
- I love achieving acronyms 😃 Currently hold – CVPM, SHRM-CP, CSSGB (six sigma green belt), Fear Free, and EMBA
- I am obsessed with giraffes – they are my spirit animal 🦒
- I have two amazing adult sons that call me short – even though I’m 6 feet tall!
- I love my awesome golden retriever Bradley (named after my first childhood dog), and my two cats Hannibal and Spot
- During my down time, I enjoy building projects around the house, and creating paintings with acrylic paints
- Aside from the veterinary industry, I love coaching basketball and track
After years in the veterinary field I joined THRIVE because I was drawn to the opportunity to be part of the foundation of something truly special in the industry. When I first joined, there were only 20 locations and just over 200 people. As we approach our 100th clinic, it’s been an amazing journey to see our growth as a company. It’s been incredible to be a part of an innovative company that cares so much about the people that make THRIVE thrive!
When did you know you wanted to be in the veterinary industry?
I grew up around goats, chickens, horses, and many other animals on our family property. In school I excelled at math and physics – which originally drew me towards engineering – but, I’ve always known my home was with influencing the excellent care of pets. Animals have always been such an important part of my personal and professional life. I’ve been fortunate to be able to grow in an industry that is so close to my heart.
Come grow with us and join Claire’s team today! Explore new opportunities at THRIVE.